Join our core team!
Want to join a fabulous team and work on a great hackathon? We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our team. If you have a few extra hours a week and are interested in robotics, entrepreneurship, technology and design, drop us a line and let us know why you want to be involved.
Our team consists of entrepreneurs, technologists and makers in the Toronto community. You will get to work with a great team of volunteers and learn about the robotics community here in the city. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in developing marketing or project management skills and will be great exposure to the local vibrant community. Send your contact information, a brief introduction and a note about why you want to be involved to: hello at getyourboton.com
We have a number of positions in Communications available. If you enjoy marketing, writing, social media, photography or videography then drop us a line. You will get to work with our Partnerships and Digital Media Coordinator and help us engage the community, share what happens at the event, and interact with partners and sponsors.
We are looking for people to help with:
- Social Media. Help us keep our site fresh, post content to our Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels at least every second day, and help us communicate with our robohacker friends. Our team will help you identify what content to send out. You should commit about 2-3 hours per week up to the event and you will be onsite for the whole hackathon sharing all the great activity and energy.
- Media Relations: Help us reach out to local media and share information about the event with them. You should commit about 2 hours per week up to the event, more the week of the event and you will be onsite for the hackathon interacting with our media partners.
- Content and Writing. Help us write about all the amazing people and the cool ideas developed at our event. Help us share the great stories about makers, teams and fabulous robot ideas with the community through our site and social media. You should commit about 3 hours per week up to the event and you will be onsite for the hackathon writing about all the action.
- Photography and Videography. Help us capture the event, edit and share video, organize all our photos and video and prepare our outreach for partners and sponsors. You should commit a total of 30 hours prior to the event and you will be onsite for the hackathon catching all the action for us.
We need MENTORS for the hackathon. We have lots of positions for enthusiastic people looking for opportunities to participate. If you are interested in any of the following drop us an email (hello at getyourboton.com ), tell us who you are, and tell us why you want to be involved.
All our mentors and volunteers can attend the opening and closing events and while not on duty try out the tech and build something at the volunteer table.
Are you interested in mentoring for the Get Your Bot On! Robotics Hackathon? We are looking for enthusiastic people with expert skills to share with our participants including:
- Electronics and Circuits
- 3D Modelling
- Accessible Design, Assistive Technologies
- Human Factors and Design, Human-Robot Interaction
- Experts in the theme area “Healthy: People, Homes, Schools, Workplaces, Environment, and Play”
We are asking all our mentors to make at least a 6-hour commitment to the event. You’ll get to mentor our amazing robohackers including students, adult makers, families and corporate teams. Of course we’ll make sure you are fed and have ample amounts of coffee.
We hope you will join us for the final demos on Sunday September 13, 2015 in the afternoon. We will have 2 guest tickets for the demos waiting for you too.
If you are interested send an email to hello at getyourboton.com and tell us a little about what skills you have to share.
Contact us at: hello at getyourboton.com for more information.